I would say skip it but the ending twist is too good. For some of us, we saw the "what's wrong with this picture" scene and kind of figured it out. Still, I wasn't sure of what I saw and stuck around to the very end. Dennis Quaid is in one of his best roles in this movie. He's confused, doesn't know who to trust and is just coming out of a life-threatening point in his life. As for Matthew Fox, he provided better eye candy and played his part fairly (not that good or I would have been shocked at the ending). Forest Whitaker is great in everything I've ever seen him in and this was no exception. As a tourist, he tries to help people and depends on their help to get around in a strange area. He too, is a flawed character and the audience isn't sure if he's everything they're led to believe. Sigourney Weaver and William Hurt round out the major cast and do an admirable job. There is a painful scene, however, when a child stumbles into an intersection at a point in which there is a chase scene. This may disturb some people. It is a movie you can talk about later but if you aren't a huge fan of any of the cast, you may want to skip.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Vantage Point
I would say skip it but the ending twist is too good. For some of us, we saw the "what's wrong with this picture" scene and kind of figured it out. Still, I wasn't sure of what I saw and stuck around to the very end. Dennis Quaid is in one of his best roles in this movie. He's confused, doesn't know who to trust and is just coming out of a life-threatening point in his life. As for Matthew Fox, he provided better eye candy and played his part fairly (not that good or I would have been shocked at the ending). Forest Whitaker is great in everything I've ever seen him in and this was no exception. As a tourist, he tries to help people and depends on their help to get around in a strange area. He too, is a flawed character and the audience isn't sure if he's everything they're led to believe. Sigourney Weaver and William Hurt round out the major cast and do an admirable job. There is a painful scene, however, when a child stumbles into an intersection at a point in which there is a chase scene. This may disturb some people. It is a movie you can talk about later but if you aren't a huge fan of any of the cast, you may want to skip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment